Ministries and Organizations |
Women's Missionary Society
Women’s Missionary Society
Alyce Fobbs-Washington Missionary Society
Annual Report of the
Ms. Laura McDonald, President
The Missionaries strive to follow our Connectional Mission Statement, “We are called to strengthen our faith and to continue the Ministry of Jesus Christ by service and witness in the world.”
. During the Holiday Season (Thanksgiving & Christmas) we gave at least 75 bags of groceries, which served at least 6 persons per bag.
· Members attended all California Conference Meetings, Area Meetings, our Annual Conventions and “Night in White.”
· Members attended the WMS Fundraiser “Evening with the Stars” held at Allen Temple as guests and hostesses. The singing was magnificent.
. In June the Missionaries held their first Annual “Big Hat High Tea” at the Church. It was a huge success.
· In July, we will join with other churches in the Bay Area for our Annual Walk-A-Thon, which will be held at the Marina in San Leandro, CA.
. In September, we will host our first Annual “Prayer Breakfast “at the Church and we are in prayer it will also be successful.
· Our members send cards and make phone calls and visits to our sick and shut-ins. Serve meals and assisted the bereaved families in our church.
· Our Tuesday Feeding Program is run by a host of dedicated members and friends- feeding the bodies and souls of the indigent and homeless. Members donate paper goods to the feeding program and sometimes even furnish the meat so that our guests can have a filling meal, which for some is the only one they will receive that day.
· We hold our monthly missionary meetings on the 3rd Saturday of every month. We fellowship and study our Promotion & Missionary Education lessons as well as conducting our Missionary business.
I want to thank Pastor White and the members of St. Paul AME Church who have supported the Missionary Society. I also wish to thank my Missionary Sisters for all their support and encouragement. But most of all, I want to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
“But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out his special favor on me – and not without results.” 1 Corinthians 15: 10.